Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Delicious weekend in Charlotte

I had the most amazing weekend in Charlotte! Even though I was born and raised there I found three great new restaurants; Vivace, Soul and, Georgia's.

On Friday night we celebrated Lauren's 20-something birthday at Vivace. Normally, Italian food isn't my favorite but I loved the four cheese ravioli. The atmosphere is sleek and modern which provided the perfect backdrop for a girls night. One downside, it took a long time to get our food. Think 2 hours. Maybe it is all part of the European vibe?

Saturday night was spent with my best friend Natalie, her roommates, and a new friend. We went to Soul, a tapas bar near Central. WOW. What a great menu. We kept ordering and to be honest our bill was not out of control. After a cheese plate, calamari, ham plate, tomato salad, lamb skewers, two rolls of sushi, and some other goodies I was about to pop. Best part of the night: A lady came over to our table to tell us we were like the Charlotte Sex and the City :)

Finally on my last day I went with my family to George's. French cuisine is my favorite so I was a happy camper. We ordered beignets for the family. Of course, mom thought they were just ok but this is coming from the woman who has dreamed of starting a beignet shop. I had eggs benedict, LOVED IT. I wish I knew how to poach eggs. Actually, I wish I knew how to cook period.

What a delicious weekend in Charlotte!

3 comments:

  1. I have no idea why the picture is so large!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Natalie! I had no idea you had a blog until I saw it on your FB page! Yay! Welcome to the blog world...it is so fun to look back and see what you did. It's like an easy scrapbook! :) Lauren's birthday was definitely a good time! (And yes, my Dad made me be Annie instead of Beth on here)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i shall teach you to cook : )

    ReplyDelete