Friday, June 18, 2010

On On PC


Dear College,


Can I please come back?

Love Always,
Natalie




I graduated from PC over a year ago and I still wish I was a student there! My college experience was everything I could have imagined. I have to admit, I was a bit worried about my Freshman year roommate. Her name was Lauren; she was beautiful, smart, unbelievably kind, and a bit too perfect for my tastes. I selfishly thought to myself...PC will ruin my self esteem at this pace. I didn't know if I could live with the girl who was always dressed to a T, couldn't put her makeup on with her heavy duty make up mirror, and had to sleep with a noise maker. How was I going to be able to keep up with Barbie?


Believe it or not, she became my best friend and we lived together all four years of college. I now have a heavy duty make up mirror and can't sleep without a noise maker. Along with Lauren, I met many amazing girls that will be my friends forever (shout out to Jordan and Erin, just to name a few).













What I miss about college:

  • Crazy nights at those nasty fraternity house
  • Living with my best friends

  • GDH food (I know what you're thinking)

  • Professors that helped me become the person I am today

  • ADPi

  • Having about 20 closets

  • Being involved in a variety of organizations

  • Providing me with the tools and opportunities needed to excel, thanks to the faculty and staff!

  • This list could go on forever...



    Thank heavens for nights like this...


Like Nick said at our graduation, "on, on PC will go." His thought provoking speech reminded the graduates that contrary to our common belief, PC will go on without us. Sadly, he was right. PC has gone on without me. Now one question remains: can I go on without PC?


*Leave your comments about what PC/college meant to you*

4 comments:

  1. there's not enough room in this comment box...otherwise i could write a novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heaven on earth! still miss that place as much as i missed it my first year out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie that is an incredible post. I feel the same way. Being in Baltimore I feel even more removed from PC, but I get to live it on through my boyfriend since he's still there. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't know you, but found your blog through my cousins (above) courtney and cameron. i graduated in 2000 and still could cry a bucket over how much i miss my college days at good ol PC! and all my best friends feel the same way to this day!

    glad to know some things never change :)

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete