Monday, June 14, 2010

My new blog

I have to say, I was a little hesitant to start a blog. I kept asking myself "does anyone want to hear what you have to say?" Never the less, here I am writing my first post!

Work has been stressful recently and I couldn't be more excited that this is my vacation week. I am in Isle of Palms with my family and loving it. This is such a magical place, I enjoy being near the beach and only about 15 minutes from Charleston. Though we have only been here a night guests have already starting visiting us. My dad has a business partner staying for the night, my sister's boyfriend came by, one of my best friends Natalie and her boyfriend Durning came, today a friend brought by her 4 month old baby, and right now I am waiting on Lauren and Brittany to come visit me. It has been great to see all these people but I wonder if I will get all the R &R I need if we keep going at this pace.

Wondering why I need the vacation? I work with Special Needs children from birth to five and they certainly give me a run for my money. My case load is high right now as we are currently looking to hire. My 21 beautiful children bring me so much joy. I am able to go into the child's home, teach the families ways to foster their child's development, and coordinate any special services they may need. It isn't always easy and sometimes I get discouraged. I live for the days when a child does something remarkable (clap their hands, crawl, talk, you name it!) I enjoy working with all the children but when I am working with a baby, I am all smiles. I feel blessed to have this job and I learn something new everyday. I strive to make each child's day better than the one before and that is what keeps me going.

2 comments:

  1. welcome, miss blogger! i am happy to have a new blog to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It won't be anything as great as your blog but atleast I have some good inspiration!

    ReplyDelete